In a hyper-competitive world where businesses are digging deep to analyze factors that can improve their operational efficiency and revenue, Push-to-Talk services are gaining popularity as many believe they help businesses cut down costs significantly.
Businesses that have a field workforce, especially, are inclined towards adopting Push-to-Talk (PTT) services to streamline their field communications. Seamless and fast communication is the key to achieving operational excellence when your employees are scattered across the globe. So how do Push-to-Talk services help businesses streamline their budgets and save money? Read this article to find out. But before you do, let’s understand what modern-day PTT services are and how they are different from traditional PTT devices.
Push-to-Talk Services: How Are They Different From Walkie-Talkie Radios?
Back in the day, site workers belonging to diverse industries relied on two-way radios to communicate with their crew members. Walkie-talkies and Land Mobile Radios were mainstream as they delivered instant push-button connectivity. But the modern-day PTT solutions differ from the traditional push-to-talk radios in several ways. Here’s how.
- Network: Unlike traditional walkie-talkies that operate on radio frequencies, the modern-day PTT services make use of cellular networks and have the ability to be integrated into Android and iOS smartphones or even rugged smartphones.
- Coverage: Radio communication is limited to a specific area since radio waves travel in a straight line and do not penetrate solid obstacles like trees, walls, etc. Modern-day PTT solutions that run on cellular networks offer a much larger coverage. You can communicate nationwide or even globally with modern-PTT apps.
- Audio Quality: Walkie-talkie radios produce a significant amount of static which hampers the call quality. Moreover, the audio quality varies based on the distance between the sender and the receiver. PTT over cellular (PoC) is devoid of these challenges.
- Security: Information that is transmitted over radio frequencies is not completely secure. There are chances that multiple users use the same radio frequency as your organization. Cellular networks offer greater data security which is essential for businesses.
- Costs: Radio communication requires businesses to invest in dedicated handsets for their field employees. Also, operating two-way radios requires companies to purchase licenses in many parts of the world. PoC on the other hand can be easily integrated and used on smartphones without special permissions or the need for extra devices.
How Can Businesses Save Money by Adopting Push-to-Talk Services?
1. Save Costs on On-Site Visits
Modern-day PTT solutions are apps that can be easily installed on your field employees’ devices to turn their smartphones into walkie-talkies. With this, line managers and office staff that are located anywhere in the world can easily connect with their field workforce without paying frequent site visits. PTT apps make anywhere connectivity possible and supervisors can manage their field employees remotely across diverse geographies.
2. Reduced Equipment Costs
With traditional radio communication, businesses have to invest in purchasing dedicated handsets for every on-site employee. The cost of the legacy two-way radios is extremely high for the poor audio quality and range limitations that they offer. Push-to-Talk apps work on subscription models and do not require businesses to invest in special dedicated devices. Employees can install PTT apps on their personal smartphones under the BYOD corporate policy and use their own devices as walkie-talkies.
3. Reduce Call Costs With Group Communication
Most modern-day PTT apps allow 1-1 and group communication abilities for the users. Rather than spending extra time and costs on making individual phone calls to your field employees, with PTT apps you can create multiple groups based on your employees’ locations, projects or departments. PTT apps help businesses leverage push-button group connectivity for mass communication and team discussions. This not only helps businesses save costs on long and multiple cellular phone calls but also ensures that all teams are effectively engaged and informed.
4. Cut Down Radio Licensing Costs
Although there are both unlicensed and licensed two-way radios, professional communication requires businesses to abide by strict guidelines and purchase radio licenses based on which part of the world they are in. With PTT service, your business is free from any licensing charges or special permissions.
5. Streamlined Operational Efficiency
Statistics suggest that about 86% of employees consider lack of effective communication as the reason behind business failures. Well-connected teams display a 20-25% increased productivity. Streamlined communications leave no space for errors and help businesses boost their employee productivity. When your field workforce is clear of its roadmap and goals, it helps them deliver better customer service, driving better revenue.
Profits and revenues are directly impacted by business decisions. Trimming costs to boost profits can be possible if you can identify powerful tools that cater to all your business needs without burning a hole in your pockets. Field communications are a vital aspect of every business and must not be overlooked. You can experience cost savings and seamless remote connectivity with modern-day PTT services like NuovoTeam.